Hello, my 2nd-Grade Friends!
Some of your lessons will be assigned through Google Classroom and some will be posted here. Check back every Thursday for 2nd-grade updates. I have bookmarked some of the links you will need for your assignments below. If you remember how to do so or with the help of a parent, bookmark this page on the device you will be using so that you can access it quickly!
I hope you are all staying healthy and safe! I miss you!
Parents, please subscribe to my website to receive an email update when weekly lessons have been posted!
March 26, 2020 (Due April 1, 2020)
This week we will be working on the following all in typing.com.
- 3 Keyboarding lessons
- 1 ONE minute keyboarding test
- 1 Digital Literacy lesson
When you log into typing.com you will see the following, click on START to begin each part of your assignment.
- In addition, practice logging into your Google Classroom account 3 times a day, until you can type your username and password set in under 45 seconds. Use a timer like we have practiced in class!
Keyboarding Ergonomics Reminder: (I know you are at home but please try to find a place where you can practice proper posture and technique)
- Position feet on floor for balance (don't cross).
- Body centered in front of the computer
- Sit up straight
- Adjust chair so you are a "hand span" away from edge of keyboard.
- Elbows naturally by your side
- Curve fingers over the home keys
- Wrists low, but not touching the keyboard
- Keep eyes on printed copy
- Key by touch
- Key with a smooth rhythm